This journal entry is due on Wednesday, September 10 at midnight PDT (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning). NOTE that the server records the time as Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Therefore, midnight will register as 03:00.
Individual Journal Assignment
- Store this journal entry as "username Week 2" (i.e., this is the text to place between the square brackets when you link to this page).
- Create the following set of links. (HINT: These links should all be in your personal template that you created for the Week 1 Assignment; you should then simply invoke your template on each new journal entry.)
- Link to your journal entry from your user page.
- Link back from your journal entry to your user page.
- Link to this assignment from your journal entry.
- Don't forget to add the "BIOL368/F14" category to the end of your wiki page.
Section assignments will be made in class.
- Part I: Genetics
- Complete the "Specific Tasks to do with this tool" beginning on page 8.
- Complete the tables and questions on pages 9-12.
- When the protocol says "Data Blog", this means your wiki journal for this week (electronic lab notebook).
- Assigned to: Chloe Jones
- Part II: Biochemistry
- Complete the "Specific Tasks for this section" beginning on page 11.
- Complete the tables and questions on pages 11 to 14.
- When the protocol says "Blog", this means your wiki journal for this week (electronic lab notebook).
- Assigned to: Isabel Gonzaga
- Part III: Molecular Biology
- Complete the "Specific Tasks for this section" beginning on page 7.
- Complete the tables and questions on pages 7 and 8.
- Assigned to: Nicole Anguiano
- Part IV: Evolution
- Complete "A", "B", and "C" questions on pages 5 to 9.
- Assigned to: Stephen Louie
Electronic Lab Notebook
Complete your electronic notebook for your assigned part of the Molecular Genetics Explorer project on your individual journal page. Your notebook entry should contain:
- Your methods: what did you actually do? Give a step by step account.
- Your results: the answers to the questions in the protocol, plus any other results you gathered.
- A scientific conclusion: what was your main finding for today's project?
Shared Journal Assignment
- Store your journal entry in the shared BIOL368/F14:Class Journal Week 2 page. If this page does not exist yet, go ahead and create it (congratulations on getting in first :) )
- Link to the shared journal entry from your user page.
- Link the shared journal page to this assignment page.
- Sign your portion of the journal with the standard wiki signature shortcut (
- Add the "BIOL368/F14" category to the end of the wiki page (if someone has not already done so).
Answer these questions on the shared page:
- What was the purpose of this assignment?
- What did I learn from this assignment?
- What did I not understand (yet) about this assignment?