CAMRI MRI Scanner Pricing Structure
All rates include the assistance of an MR technologist. MR scans can be paid for after usage (postpaid) or before usage (prepaid).
- $500 per hour of use.
- Package A - $10,000, 21 hours of scanner time ($475 per hour, 5% discount from hourly rate).
- Package B - $25,000, 56 hours of scanner time ($450 per hour, 10% discount).
- Package C - $50,000, 125 hours of scanner time ($400 per hour, 20% discount).
- Package D - $100,000, 300 hours of scanner time ($333 per hour, 33% discount).
Cancellation policy: Billing is automatic, based on the amount of scanner time reserved in iLab. If scanner time is reserved but not used (due to subject cancellation, inability of subject to remain in scanner, experimental difficulties, or any other reason) the user may report the time as unused and be charged for the unused time at half-price. However, users will not be charged if their amount of paid usage exceeds the amount of cancelled time. This calculation is performed within each billing period.
- Scanner reserved for 8 hours, paid usage 1 hour. Unused time = 8 - 1 = 7 hours. Billable unused time = unused time - paid usage = 7 - 1 = 6 hours. Charge = 6 / 2 = 3 hours.
- Scanner reserved for 8 hours, paid usage 4 hours. Unused time = 8 - 4 = 4 hours. Billable unused time = 4 - 4 = 0 hours.
- Packages for other amounts of scan time are available on request. Scan time in packages must be used within 12 months of purchase. Unfortunately, it is not possible to obtain a refund for unused time or to transfer it to other investigators.
- All scanner time and MR technologist assistance must be reserved using the iLab online scheduler.
- Discounted scan time is available. Scans conducted after normal business hours are charged at half-price (e.g. $250/hour for the hourly rate) but no technologist is available except by special arrangement. Technical development scans may be used to scan tissue phantoms or human subjects and will be charged at $100 per hour. Data collected for technical development may not be used for grants or manuscripts. Pilot time scans may be used to collect preliminary data for grant applications and will be charged at $100 per hour. Please see Pilot Time Program for more details. Aside from technical development and pilot time, all other scans for approved research projects as core services will be charged and PIs are expected to pay standard core fees, according to the policies of BCM's [|Advanced Technology Cores].
- Credit cards are accepted but prices will be 3% higher than those listed above (equal to the fee charged by our credit card processing service).