--David Roche 10:55, 13 August 2009 (EDT)
- James Field 13:32, 13 August 2009 (EDT):
- Colanic acid assay 2.1 protocol - completed
- Completed miniprep and confirmed that BioBricks taken out of registry were correct.
- Charles Fracchia 13:41, 13 August 2009 (EDT):
- Explained thoroughly assays and genetic circuits
- Started modelling on LacI repressible promoter
- Designed site directed mutagenesis primers for PAH serine 16 -> Glutamine
- Sacrificed a sheep for good luck
- Beefed up the description of PAH activity assay and added step 0 of sonication to the protocol
- Helped loading Gel electrophoresis for biobrick checking
- Kun Xue 15:25, 13 August 2009 (EDT):
- Researched on cI protein sequences and how the Harvard cI sequence might be wrong
- Beefed up description of Cellulase assay and output data
- Midi-prep for PAH. Last steps to be completed tomorrow.
- PCR of OtsA and Dam. Re-did OtsB PCR using mid-temp PCR product from James C's last round of PCR. Will run all PCR products gained on a gel tomorrow AM to check.
- Restriction digest of B3023 with XbaI and SpeI (overnight). Vector will be digested tomorrow ready for ligation. Aim is to have the BioBrick on Tues...