Notes for June 16, 2010
- See also: Data Citation Spreadsheet (File renamed to reflect other databases investigated with tabs for each database)
- For citations of resources found, please refer to this CiteULike page.
- Returning to TreeBASE with new search strategy, using studies found in phase I. Will continue searching for articles citing data stored in Pangaea.
- After meeting today with Heather, Sarah and Nic, I will go back and edit the headings in my spreadsheet and go through my results to find the missing fields (like journal date and ISSN).
Resources searched with search terms and hit count for TreeBASE
- Resource: ISI Web of Science Search term(s): Cited Author(Abdollahzadeh J) Cited Work(PERSOONIA) Cited Year(2009) Timespan: (2009-2010) Results: 0
- Resource: ISI Web of Science Search term(s): Cited Author=(Beck R*) AND Cited Work=(BMC EVOL BIOL) AND Cited Year=(2007) Timespan=2008-2010. Databases=SCI-EXPANDED, SSCI, A&HCI, CPCI-S, CPCI-SSH Results: 11
- Resource: Scirus "Yoo et al, 2006" AND "BMC Plant Biology" Dates: 2008-2010, journal articles and abstracts only
- Resource: Scirus Search term(s): Yoo AND "BMC Plant Biology" AND 2006 Dates: 2008-2010, journal articles and abstracts only Results: 177
- Resource: Scirus Search term(s): Yoo 2006 AND "BMC Plant Biology" Dates: 2008-2010, journal articles and abstracts only Results: 75
- Resource: Scirus Search term(s): "Yoo MJ" 2006 AND "BMC Plant Biology" Dates: 2008-2010, journal articles and abstracts only Results: 19
Resources searched with search terms and hit count for Pangaea
- Resource: ISI Web of Science Search term(s): Cited Author=(Rohardt G) AND Cited Year=(2006) AND Document Type=(Article) AND Language=(English) Timespan=2008-2010. Databases=SCI-EXPANDED, SSCI, A&HCI, CPCI-S, CPCI-SSH. Results: 8
- Valerie Enriquez 11:37, 16 June 2010 (EDT): The first search for articles citing the article from the study accession S2392 had no citations. However, the second search yielded more results, with one article overlapping from phase I search.
- Valerie Enriquez 12:32, 16 June 2010 (EDT): In reviewing the citations for the articles found in the first search, I've found that instead of the principle investigator listed on TreeBASE's citation (Beck R), the name of the study's journal article author (Higdon JW) is cited first.
- Valerie Enriquez 17:53, 16 June 2010 (EDT): Since Scirus does not have the same search by cited author or work function as ISI Web of Science, this proved to be more challenging. I attempted to search for the Yoo article found in ISI from yesterday's entry. However, a specific search for the publication, author name and date was specific to the point where no hits matched. Broadening the search only pulled articles by different Yoos, so I narrowed it further by looking for MJ Yoo, despite the limitation that other forms of the name could be missed. However, while this brought up the "correct" Yoo, citations within the articles did not match (an article about MADS-box genes in basal angiosperms was cited in several articles, but I could not find one for the Phylogenetic diversification of glycogen synthase kinase 3 article).
- Valerie Enriquez 18:47, 16 June 2010 (EDT): Switching gears back to Pangaea, I went to the dataset here doi:10.1594/PANGAEA.510179 and found this citation: Rohardt, Gerd (2006): Current meter data from mooring AWI232-2 at 297 m depth. Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research, Bremerhaven, doi:10.1594/PANGAEA.510179
- Valerie Enriquez 19:54, 16 June 2010 (EDT): So, I ran an ISI search for the author and year the same way I had for the TreeBASE citations. As with the TreeBASE example I found today, even though Rohardt G is listed as the principle investigator in the dataset citation, this is not the case in the articles created from the dataset with the following citations:
- Fahrbach E, Hoppema M, Rohardt G, Schroder M, Wisotzki A. Causes of deep-water variation: Comment on the paper by L.H. Smedsrud "Warming of the deep water in the Weddell Sea along the Greenwich meridian: 1977-2001." DEEP-SEA RESEARCH PART I-OCEANOGRAPHIC RESEARCH PAPERS, vol. 53 issue 574-577. doi: 10.1016/j.dsr.2005.12.003
- Schodlok MP, Hellmer HH, Rohardt G, Fahrbach E. "Weddell Sea iceberg drift: Five years of observations." JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH-OCEANS, vol. 111, issue C6 June 14, 2006. doi:10.1029/2004JC002661