Documenting my function:
input variables: - a keyword or an ordered set of keywords (one variable - a string) - the name of the FULL url of the feed, or a feed name that comes 'preloaded' (string) - a positive integer n, which will be the number of items to be returned
- The keywords will be used, if possible, to search for the relevant articles/posts/results in a given source/feed.
- The integer n is the number of news articles, clinical trials, and such to be returned... it might have an upper limit imposed by the source.
- I will leave the possibility of including new feeds open, thus the script accepts new URLS, but you could just use the pre-existing ones for clinical trials, news, etc.
Until May 3:
Work with Cynthia, Resmi, and Zack to figure out the integration of mesh-terms. Description of algorithm:
- Pick the more specific terms
- Get rid of common words (using a simple library and taking a string array set difference)
- Do a search using the terms, which will return 'condition' (Z's algorithm)
- Use the existing algorithm to get CDC data.
I would like to get together with everyone to actually test this out to see how it works.