American University Transect 2
- January 13, 2016
- The purpose of this lab is to examine the balance, complexities and interactions that exist in a transect of the campus of American University in Washington, DC.
- Materials and Methods:
- This part of the lab was relatively simple and consisted of observing the transect and exploring the area within. Samples were collected to perform a hay infusion. A drawing was made of the area to map out the major features of the area.
- Raw Data:
- Below is an image of the map that was drawn of the transect.
- Abiotic features: rocks, stones, water (in the river), soil, decomposing ground vegetation
- Biotic features: bacteria, protists, trees, bushes, grasses and various plant life, birds and squirrels.
- Future Experiments:
- A hay infusion will be performed to determine whether bacteria and protists exist in the transect.