| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Results for Starch plates
- Add 5mL of iodine
- 1A1 or IA751 : big zones of clearance
- IA751 + ECE112 : no zones of clearance (photos), just small white points on colonies : the gene AmyE seems to be knocked out, transformation ok!
- 1A1 + ECE112 : problem, soft agar melted... impossible to observe!
Transformation of IA751
- We used IA751 plate from 12/08/08, vectors ECE 153, 166, 171
- Spectrophotometer : blank made with medium A
- t0 = 120min
- Follow the protocol of transformation
- Plasmid miniprep of ECE153, 166, 171 (to make the transformation)
- Nanodrop ( to add 0.5μg of DNA for transformation)
- Plate (with appropriate antibiotics)
Check our stock of ECE171
- We made big stocks of ECE171, before keeping it, we wanted to check it, so we run double digest on a gel!!
- Results : problem!!
- 2 possible causes : Double digest was made " days before and kept in the freezer (possible degradation) + too much DNA on the gel
- New double digest (from pellets in the freezer) + new gel
- Results : ok!
- for IA751 and IA771, add 100μL of culture and 500μL of glycerol (60%)
- To test the transformation of ECE153, we want to induce the promoter Pxyl, and we will have green fluorescence
- Add 1mL of culture IA751 + ECE153 (from yesterday), 8mL of LB and 45μL of Spc50, 1mL of xylose (1g into 10mL)
Plasmid miniprep for B.S.
- We first tried to use the same protocol than for E.coli (Zyppy kit) for ECE166 transformed in IA751
- Nanodrop to see the result
- We have very low concentration of DNA, we will digest that plasmid tomorrow morning to see if it is ECE166, and if it does work, we will try to modify our protocole tomorrow
Transformation of ECE188, 189, 190 in E.coli
In Preparation of Beta-galactosidase Assay (Promoter Assay PA)
Transformation of competent TOP10 with the 4 biobricks above along with pUC19 control