To create a system which responds to ligand binding with a detectable voltage caused by a K+ flux.
1. Simulate and design ‘reporter plasmids’ with correct biobricks restriction enzyme sites
2. For each strain: 2 plasmid backbones
- PSC101 (A) with OsmY (promoter) + RFP + Stop
- Another (B), not yet defined, with Bba_J23100 + YFP + Stop
- Tests for each strain : plasmid A, plasmid B, plasmid A + plasmid B (so 15 tests)
3. Quantify transformation efficiency (colony counter)
4. Quantify promoter strength (light intensity, expression levels)