IGEM:Harvard/2006/Cyanobacteria/Building cyanobacteria incub
The below directions were assembled by the Harvard iGEM team; questions can be sent to contacts here.
Materials and Methods
- Cool Fluorescent Lights, 40W or higher
- Used Philips Circline Cool White 30cm 32W + 20cm 22W
- To mount, Lithonia Lighting #FM BLWH
- Digital Timer with ground
- Intermatic Timer DT27C
- Control of light intensity
- Window screen
- Flourescent light cover - also distributes light
- Light meter which can read from 0-10000 lux
- VWR 62344-944
- Incubator with temperature control
- Innova 4230
Note: All of the above materials, except for the light meter and incubator, can be found at Home Depot.
- Clean materials using EtOH
- Set up light fixture
- Wire end to the outlet jack
- Program timer to 14h light / 10h dark
- Ensure light intensity of around 4200lux, ranged up to 8000lux.