- Open Nanodrop software and choose "nucleic acids"
- Wipe Nanodrop pedestal with distilled water to clean it
- Pipette 2uL of water onto the pedestal and lower the arm gently
- Initialize the machine and wait for it to finish (you'll hear a couple of clicks)
- Raise arm and wipe water off of pedestal with Kimwipe
- Pipette 2uL of appropriate buffer (whatever you eluted you DNA into at the end of the DNA miniprep - typically EB Buffer) onto pedestal and lower arm
- Click "Blank" and wait for machine to finish measuring
- Repeat last 3 steps using your DNA samples and clicking "Measure" instead of "Blank." Record the absorbance (A260), purity (A260/A280), and concentration (ng/uL) for each sample