We are in Week 5 of the iGEM project.
- Gene cloning and amplification
- Define Standard Unit
- Learn more of parameters for individual applications
- Read up more on Materials, Results and Protocols of vesicle formation
- Contact relevant people on vesicle formation
Project Definition and Logo
- Accurate Project definition
- Come up with team logo
Today's briefing yielded the following topics:
It was unanimously agreed that there was a need for standardization between the proposed chassis, and that a standard unit would have to be determined.
- The unit (for rate) proposed is the GFP per ACV (aqueous cell volume) per second.
- The concept needs to be well-documented, and relevant information placed on the wiki.
- Protocols require refinement, particularly wrt the strains of E.coli used in biofilm formation.
- The day was spent scouring the relevant literature.
- Doubts were raised with regard to the protocols involving mineral oil - the proposed means of vesicle formation.
- Needs to be ready by Wednesday, 8 August 2007.
- A copy needs to be forwarded by Tuesday, 10:00 AM to both professors for approval.
There is still significant confusion regarding the purpose of the wiki. The demonstrators suggested it be used more as a planning/organizing tool. Furthermore, the following :
- New menu setup.
- Status page regarding constructs used.
Contact with supervisors/professors
- It was determined that a weekly report be sent to the professors outlining the week's activities and accomplishments.
- It was also suggested that sub-project meetings with the supervisors be scheduled.