Optimum DNA concentration
- Aim today was to get the optimum DNA concentration for the pTet-GFP and the pTet-lixR-pLux-GFP construct. The protocols can be found Here
- The constructs were tested for 0, 1, 2, 4 and 6ug of DNA.
- The fluorescence over a period of 6 hours was recorded every hour for all the concentrations.
- It was found that at 25°C pTet-lixR-pLux-GFP behaves as expected, i.e. the optimum output is for a mass between 2 and 4ug of DNA. The results can be foud here
- For pTet-GFP construct, at 37°C, the fluorecence was highest at the end of the day for 6ug of DNA.
- The optimum DNA concentration that was tested is between 2-6µg of DNA, however the difference between 2µg,4µg,6µg is negligible. The results can be foung here