Meeting with Dr. David Leak
11am - Rm 324 in Biochem to discuss 2C systems
- Sensitivity of detector protein (dp)- It is best to have the dp membrane bound rather than excreted to the extracellular space as this would probably make the protein less sensitive.
- EnvZ - Find a B.sub eqivalent of EnvZ ( Do they have a OmpR homologue). Using an endogenous homologous system would be better than exporting the system into B.sub.
- Heterodimers preferable to homodimers; however not likely ( maybe in chemotoxic systems). We may have to stick to homodimers since we have searched and failed to find any useful systems with heteros.
- Flagellar localization (CheY chemotaxis) - unsuccessful
- Ion channel Ton/FepA; iron pump. -> Have a look at Cambridge 2007 wiki - they used it
- Flagella / fimbrial pilli dp localization -> Contact Fairweather - check Slovenia 2008
Meeting with Prof Filloux
2:00 pm - to discuss 2C systems etc.// fusion proteins
- Transcriptional speed (how fast is transcription?), use luciferase for proof of principle -> contact Bonnie Bassler
- Fuse AiP with normally secreted peptide
- ABC transporter not feasible
- Gram positive protein transport -> contact M. Van Heel
Journal Club with Tom
4:00 pm - Journal club article : Develop re-usable and combinable designs for transcription logic gates
- recent paper that came out of USTC iGEM 2007