IGEM:MIT/2005/Monday 8/8 Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- We are currently working out what everyone's schedule will be like for the rest of the summer and over the semester
- We are also transitioning to a new lab bench in Endy lab
Format: What do you hope to achieve this week? What do you need help with? (Also update what you expect your schedule to be under the "Schedule" section.)
- Will look over notes to see where variability may have occurred
- Check fluorescence of oligos
- Still in planning stage of what direction we should take
- Meanwhile will be helping with FecA system
Receiver Head-Unit: Jenny
Receiver/Transmitter 1 - ToxR : Wiki-Will
- ctx::gfp made
- verify after meeting.
- waiting for ToxR - Alternative Mechanisms for ToxR retrieval?
- getting my wits about lab, devising plan to deal with numerous fusions (scFv i,ii,and iii, malE, and phoA) and testing them.
- Give Me ToxR
Receiver/Transmitter 2 - FecA : Annie
- Friday & Weekend:
- + Competent DY329 cells
- + Reorder primers
- + Ran PCR to make Tetracycline and Chloramphenicol Resistance
- + FecA, FecR, PhoA QuikChange -- Work w/ Maxine
- + Make FecA- and Fur- -- Work w/ Ray
- + RBS, FecI, FecR -- Work w/ Jenny
- + FecA promoter BB -- Work w/ Jen
Signal Processor: Ray
- Summer: taking the last week before school off (August 31-Sep 7)
- School year: will take igem for credit (not sure how many hours yet)
- Attending Jamboree? yes
- scFv testing in lab till end of week.
- Working with Texas team. :D
- Summer: Sister coming this week - missing Friday, maybe part of Monday. Unless ToxR shows up.
- Parents coming next week - may miss something, probably.
- considering a week / half week no-work-binge for the tail end of August. Probably depends on if ToxR shows up.
- School Year: Is 5.12 going to pwn me?
- Looking at some UROP time (credit/pay undecided). Will we officially/unofficially have full time lab access? Times may not be conventional.
- will try not to let school get in the way of my education. but I haven't ruled out med. school yet!
- Attending Jamboree? yes sir, mam.
- Will leave for Cambridge in October.
- Attending Jamboree? maybe?
- ANNIE IS TAKING A FEW DAYS OFF!!