IGEM:MIT/2005/Receiver 1: ToxR
Receiver Device #1 -- ToxR
wiki-Will 8/18 - i'm out of town today and maybe a few more days. Possibly through the end of the week. the parents just sort of showed up!
To cause gene expression in the presence of input signal using the ToxR pathway.
Information path ...
- Fluoroscein introduced to system (as Fluoroscein+DNAspacer+Fluoroscein), travels into periplasm.
- Fluoroscein binds to adjacent transmembrane ToxR'-scFv fusions .
- Causes ToxR' dimerization
- GFP expressed @ CTX_promoter
- As a function of ToxR dimerization
People path ...
- Maxine gives us Fluoroscein, or identifies something else
- Maxine's antigen binds to Jenny's scFv
- Then, Jenny's scFv induces Will's ToxR' to dimerize
- The dimerization leads to the expression of Jessica's output @ CTXpromoter [cI, maybe]
- Ray makes the whole system look like "we meant to do that."
Composite Parts for the first run of tests. BBa_J07024 Device ToxR'::scFv Fusion 1 (with promoter and rbs and terminator) 1648 BBa_J07025 Device ToxR'::scFv Fusion 2 (with promoter and rbs and terminator) 1648 BBa_J07026 Device ToxR'::scFv Fusion 3 (with promoter and rbs and terminator) 1648 BBa_J07027 Measurement ToxR'::PhoA (with promoter and RBS and terminator) 2300 BBa_J07028 Measurement ToxR'::MalE(with promoter and RBS and terminator) 2075
- Move contents to respective place.
- In the process of verifying that we can get our signal into the periplasm (in lab)
- Part creation ...
- working out kinks in PhoA, malE isolation.
- soon ordering promotor-RBS tandem biobrick
- Continue research on putting scFv onto outermembrane of cell.
- The periplasm
- Is the signal going in?
- Are our scFv's going to come out (to the surface)?
- we won't know til we try! unless...