Single-Chain Fragment Variable Antibody Piezoimmunosensors
The Big Picture
A biosensor was created using an scFV bound to a gold surface. We can use the anti-rabbit Igg scFV that they created (which includes the heavy, light, and a linker sequence in between) as the secondary antibody in our system. This secondary antibody will be fused to the transmembrane protein.
- Nonlabeled biosensor with high diagnostic potential for rapid and sensitive detection of antigens.
- Piezoimmunosensor (PZ) displaying a specifically constructed recombinant antibody on its surface.
- scFV contained cysteine within the linker aa sequence to join heavy + light chains.
- Presence of cysteine induced scFv to self-assemble as densely packed rigid monolayer on gold surface of quartz crystal microbalance.
- Self-assemble monolayer (SAM) exhibited defined orientation and high areal densities displaying 35x as many variable antigen-binding sites per square cm as surfaces modified with whole antibody.
- Capable of detecting low concentrations of antigens in complex samples.
- Ideal Biosensor
To be continued after lunch.