- Clean out fridge: Threw out contaminated/overgrown plates, added fresh LB to LC's
- Made glycerol stock of F2620+B0034+CPX+B0014 (for B-r cells cPCR6-1 and cPCR8-5, for BL21 cPCR6-1a, cPCR6-1b)
- LC'ed yesterday's plating of transformations
- Design Mer Primer
- Transform PTO40
- Transform reporter gene for mercury sensing system (Biobrick) - need to decide on which one first!
- eventually must ligate it with an RBS? ----> actually, no, because we have RBS from start of merT protein.
Wrapped Up Making iGEM Antibiotic Stocks
- Apparently iGEM needed to make own antibiotic stocks, so we did (SK)
- All are stored in -20 iGEM freezer, in two boxes
- Eppendorf box has A, Cm, K, T in 1 mL aliquots
- Blue box has large aliquots of A, Cm, K, T in Falcon tubes and remaining 1 mL aliquots
- Protocol from Francois: http://openwetware.org/wiki/Endy:Preparing_Antibiotic_Stocks
- However, Cm protocol was made by SK -- not yet on OWW
- NOTE CHANGE: We later found out that the stock should be made with 100% ethanol instead of 70%, but it shouldn't make a big difference(hopefully)