First Team Meeting Agenda
Meeting Date: 14/15 December, 2008 (or some other time???)
Meeting Location: Bio21 Level 1 Conference Room, Meeting Outside at specified time.
Meeting Logistics: need to provide snacks, water (Jan look into this)
(purely suggestive... change at your will)
Current Time ~ 2.5 hours
- minutes taker
- time keeper
- (30min)Team Roundtable: names, personal history, favourite sport/music/film/book etc.
- (15min)Perspectives on iGEM - what do we aim for? the moon? what are the prizes/medals
- (5min)Bio21 Access Cards - need to fill in paper work
- (10min)OpenWetWare Accounts - every to apply, can't edit the wiki without it
- (5min)Contact Details - fill in on the wiki ... then
- (5min)iGEM packs ... suggested
- iGEM rules
- iGEM Kit ... biobricks
- standard assembly
- biology/lab primer: cloning, transformation, culture, miniprep, digest, ligate, pcr, sequence, mutagen etc.
- engineering/modelling primer
- wiki primer
- [Effective Team Dynamics] - have a read ... some good stuff if you wish to use it...
- (30min)OGSM framework - objectives / goals / strategies / measurements : up to you if you want to use it...
- objectives - make finals/win biobrick/
- goals - solve a specific medical/environmental/energy problem / 1000 submitted / extensive modelling
- strategies -
- brainstorm, research, plan, work, pray, go to jamboreee!!!
- measurements -
- 1/3 month review ... measure progress
- how is the wiki being maintained...
- is the lab work productive/ is the work load spread out
- create a time line ... of what you hope to achieve when ... give yourself deadlines [very rough at first], and review when you come to them ...
- (5min)team procedures - minutes, agenda, wiki, accountability
- (5min)team rules - meeting attendance, communication,meeting snacks
- not defined at start, but define as you go along?
- chief wiki maintainer
- rotate responsibility for agenda/minutes
- circular accountability???
- individual - go away and research on your own, come back with suggestions in Jan
- buddy - team up with one other person and work together
- whole team - coordinated creativity on wiki