July 9th, 2007: 9:30-6:15
Results from over the weekend: Initial pfx pcr failed, second attempt was a success. Restrtiction, extraction, purification, ligation, and transformation was performed on the successful bands. Restriction results were verified by gel, with discernable bands. Despite this, transformations were unsuccessful.
Today's plans: Repeat ligations and transformations.
- New vial of T4 ligase purchased
- Ligations: all in PSB1A2 (from death gene BBa_P1010)
- BBa_I741005 XylR Transcriptional Regulator
- BBa_I741011 XylR Generator
- BBa_I741015 Xyl Promoter
- BBa_I741017 Xyl Promoter Reverse Compliment
- BBa_I741018 XylF Promoter
- BBa_I741019 XylA Promoter
- BBa_I741020 XylF Truncated Promoter (No CRP Site)
- Duplicate of BBa_I741015
- Puc19 positive control
- PSB1A2 negative control
All ligations were performed for both ten minutes and an hour, producing two sets of plates.
|iGEM meeting July 9th 2007|