How 5x5 works
- Find something you field/idea/thing you think is really interesting.
- Research it - find current methods, applications, problems in this field.
- Present it to the group
- 5 minutes of introduction to the field/idea/thing
- 5 minutes on problems/areas that could use some more study and how this could translate into an iGEM project
- No more than 5 slides!
- Post topic and slides to wiki before meeting! (Slides will be compiled into one presentation)
- You will get ONLY 10 minutes to present.
- At the end of all the presentations, there will be 25 minutes of brainstorming/discussion.
|January 21||Nghi & Ariane||Bobby|
|January 28||Nghi & Ariane||Suzie|
Add your ideas of how the meetings should be structured here:
- Meeting leader rotates every week.
- Meeting secretary rotates every week.
- Each meeting will get its own wiki page.
- Before the meeting:
- People post topics they want to be covered in the meeting
- Once topics identified, someone (voluntarily or by appointment) is chosen to give a short presentation on topic to teach everyone
- Presenter posts on meeting page: (1) how much time they will need to for presentation to help in meeting planning and (2) the presentation, at least a day ahead of meeting
- Meeting leader creates an agenda for meeting and posts to meeting page
- During the meeting
- Leader directs meeting and keeps meeting on time
- Secretary takes notes directly on meeting page
See 1/14/09 meeting page for an example.