IGEM:Team Bordeaux/2009/Notebook/Bacterial eyespot/2012/07/12

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Bacterial eyespot Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Day 8

Every tube grown well overnight except for the two 1.E tubes wich are clear after centrifugation we confirmed that nothing grew on the two 1.E tubes

We did a miniprep for the other tubes , We used our new GeneJET™ Plasmid Miniprep Kit [1]

We checked the samples concentration with the nanodrop [2]

We got better results than with the QIAGEN® kit

We decided to run an agarose 1% gel electrophoresis to confirm what we got on the samples

Expected sizes :

1.A = 4.6 kb

1.B = 2.1 kb

1.C = 2.6 kb

1.D = 2.8 kb

5.A = 2.1 kb

5.B =3.3 kb

On this gel we can see that there is a purity problem on 1.C sample

and that 1.B samples are out of place , near the 3.5 kb marker

tommorow we will run a gel after restriction to identify the problem with 1.B and 1.C samples


Personal tools