IGEM:The Citadel/Notebook/Notes Brian/05-30-10
- Prepared 500mL of SOB for the Electroporation on Monday. Needs to be pH tested and converted to SOC.
- Prepared 500mL of LB Lennox (see below).
- Reviewed protocols for training sessions this coming week.
- Designed a genetic circuit for team's review tomorrow during the long wait for culture growth.
This is a continuation of our work from 05-29-10:
Protocol for Electrocompetent Cells
- Autoclaved all flasks and tubes.
The 250mL tubes were autoclaved with caps off, so to ensure sterility we've stored them on ethanol-soaked paper.
- Prechilled the rotor at 4°C.
All tubes and pipets will be chilled tomorrow morning upon arrival.
- Inoculated 5mL LB Miller medium and placed in incubator for overnight growth at 37°C with 240 RPM.
Austin Che calls for LB Lennox to lessen salt content. We had only LB Miller at the time of inoculation and have attempted to use that; we'll post an update! For tomorrow's 450mL culture, we've prepared 500mL of LB Lennox.