IGEM:UC Berkeley/2006/Gel extraction
- cut out band minimizing extra gel matter.
- put in ependorf tube and add 600uL of QG.
- vortex until the gel has dissovled.
- add 100uL of isopropanol alcohol.
- pour into the minelute column. this has a dark purple band around the resin which distinguishes it from the miniprep columns.
- spin through. and disgard waste.
- the book says to run more QG through but i dont because it doesnt do anything.
- wash with 750uL PE buffer.
- spin for two minutes to dry.
- elute with 2mM Tris buffer.