IGEM:Virginia/2012/Notebook/Genetically engineered bacteriophage for diagnosis of whooping cough/2012/08/05

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Week 11 Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

(8/5 – 8/11)

We prepped the Biobrick plasmid p581c3
We got results for miniprep of the plasmid backbone. Based on the nanodrop results, the procedure did not work. We tried growing cultures in liquid.
The cultures grew up in liquid but not as well as on plates. We made glycerol stocks and did plasmid prep followed by detection PCR to confirm presence of inserts.
We found no plaques on the T7 plate so we were unsure if T7 got in to the cell.
Did research on the protocol for refolding hCG-beta protein. SDS-PAGE suggested that there was no expression of the desired fragments.
Carried out T7 phage amplification.
Ordered antibodies to use in western blot
Planned out how to assemble promotor + RBS + hCG-beta Biobrick + terminator on the biobrick-designated plasmid



Personal tools