Synthetic Biology Lectures
Biological part characterisation and quality control
Instructor: Vincent Rouilly
Date: 21th February 2008
Venue: Room 1, Whiteleys Suite, RSC1 building.
- importance of quality control and characterisation in Engineering (examples from electronic / mechanical systems)
- Checking DNA integrity
- BioBrick characterisation (promoter, RBS, Protein ...) + concept of a Registry of standard biological parts.
- Review on BioBrick F2620 chacacterisation
- Chassis characterisation (Imperial iGEM 2007)
- Bio FAB Group, Baker D, Church G, Collins J, Endy D, Jacobson J, Keasling J, Modrich P, Smolke C, and Weiss R. . pmid:16711359.