- 10.50 AM: Fabiana created the mould and freeze at OT/CT -17. Will be left for approximately 30 minutes--Malisha Hettiarachchi 17:11, 13 December 2010 (EST).
- (Note: Malisha, do you have an embyo number for this? --MF Kubke 04:49, 20 January 2011 (EST))
- 9.00 AM - 10.30 AM: Added a brief description for the primary brain vesicles. Found a few useful neuroanatomy articles including :
- Bass, A. H. (1985). "Comparative neuroanatomy: foundations for a comparative neurobiology." Environmental Biology of Fishes 13(1): 77-79.
- Jacobson, S., E. M. Marcus, et al. (2007). Neuroanatomy for the neuroscientist. New York ; London, Springer.
- (Note: References added to the J Club area, need to create pages for them for discussion--MF Kubke 04:52, 20 January 2011 (EST))
- 12.30 PM - 2.00: Cutting [Kubke_Lab:Research/CND/Records/MH003|MH003]--Malisha Hettiarachchi 20:24, 13 December 2010 (EST)
- 2.00 -2.40 PM : Put draft document approved and edited by Satya onto openwetware. Will finish the table once I finish cutting --Malisha Hettiarachchi 20:41, 13 December 2010 (EST).
- 2.40 - 3.30 PM : Completed cutting embryo and filled 4 slides additional to Fabiana's 5 slides. The feedback from these unstained sections was to try to mount the section without stretching it. With this feedback the next few sections had improved and no stretching was evident--Malisha Hettiarachchi 16:00, 14 December 2010 (EST). Tomorrow these sections will be Nissl stained and compared to the cryo-protected sections--Malisha Hettiarachchi 16:00, 14 December 2010 (EST).
- 3.30 PM onwards: Updated notebook and tidied up H&E protocol.
- (Note: Please add the embryo names and links above--MF Kubke 04:53, 20 January 2011 (EST))
- 9:00am Made notes on the glossopharyngeal nerve from Kuratani's 1990 paper. --Reuben Cutfield 17:34, 13 December 2010 (EST)
- 11:00am Made editions to the shared document H&E staining. Removed a few basic errors as well as added a description of the thickness of the sections, the type of HX used and how to make the solutions mentioned in the protocol. --Reuben Cutfield 17:56, 13 December 2010 (EST)
- 12:00pm Started working on the 'Brief look at anatomy' shared document. Have added a section on the developing hindbrain as well a the rhombic lip. --Reuben Cutfield 18:37, 13 December 2010 (EST)
- 1:00pm Added a section on the functioning of the hindbrain to the same document. --Reuben Cutfield 19:39, 13 December 2010 (EST)
- 2:00pm Added intro and spinal cord sections to the document.--Reuben Cutfield 21:19, 13 December 2010 (EST)
- 3:30pm Completed the table for the H&E staining procedure. --Reuben Cutfield 21:54, 13 December 2010 (EST)
- 4:00pm Added the description of how to make the solutions to H&E protocol.--Reuben Cutfield 22:10, 13 December 2010 (EST)
- 4:30pm Added nerve roots, spinal nerves and spinal segments to the 'A brief look at neuroanatomy' document.
- 5:00pm Added a Nissl stain protocol to the lab protocols page. --Reuben Cutfield 23:20, 13 December 2010 (EST)