- 9.00 AM- 10 AM: Journal entries. Spoke to Fabiana , she confirmed the results from RC015 were okay so to continue cutting for the rest of the week. Fabiana also mentioned that it would be more effective for me to be using younger embryos in order to answer my question.
- 10.00 AM- 12.00 PM: Cleaned some of the flasks and containers used to sub the slides . Cleaned vials with dried out embryos.
- 12.00- 12.30 PM: Lunch
- 12.45 PM: Histology exercise . Looking through the slides to identify neural tube,notocord, and other key anatomical features. It was difficult identify these anatomical features in some sections because of the tissue damage .
- (Note: on a positive note, if you can identify them in suboptimal tissue you will do just fine on perfect tissue --MF Kubke 00:31, 27 January 2011 (EST))
- 3.00 PM: Staging exercise. Staged MH007 and MH008 which were confirmed to be stage 19 and stage 25 by Fabiana. Fabiana also checked RC005 and confirmed it was stage 19.
- 4.00 PM: Made an incision to remove the tail region of MH008 in order to cut the embryo tomorrow. --Malisha Hettiarachchi 16:19, 26 January 2011 (EST)
Plan for tomorrow : Cut MH008
- (Note: This plan changed since Malisha took sick leave --MF Kubke 01:32, 27 January 2011 (EST))
- 10:00am Checked slides subbed yesterday. They require further drying and have been placed on a heating platform on a low heat, covered, to dry. Now I am working on the Neuroanatomy document in the library.--Reuben Cutfield 16:23, 24 January 2011 (EST)
- 12:30pm Going through my personal objectives and updating progress. --Reuben Cutfield 18:22, 24 January 2011 (EST)
- 12:40pm Working through the embryo entries online.--Reuben Cutfield 18:42, 24 January 2011 (EST)
- 1:20pm Going for lunch. --Reuben Cutfield 19:21, 24 January 2011 (EST)
- 2:20-2:40pm Fire Drill.
- 2:45pm Looking for resources to view sections alongside. --Reuben Cutfield 20:43, 24 January 2011 (EST)