Plan for today:
- Complete entering embryo records including some results, type of stain and staining procedure--Malisha Hettiarachchi 21:53, 3 February 2011 (EST).
MH006- Must go back and stain these sections.
- Complete the required headings in the neuroanatomy document.
- Follow up embryo atlas
- Nice animation showing 3D embryo development 
-Trying to figure out a way to collate the information on google docs so both me and Reuben are able to contribute to the document more collaboratively --Malisha Hettiarachchi 19:55, 3 February 2011 (EST).
- A nice video showing coronal sections of mouse brain Nissl stained .
- Nissl stain of mice cerebellum 
- Nissl stain of telencephalon  description found here
- "Mammalia - Felis - Cat spinal cord smear Nissl " 
Using the following resource previously mentioned here a set of criteria will be created to assess the quality of the [stained] sections:
- Do the cell bodies appear violet to dark blue?
- Under higher magnification are subcellular organelles visible?
- Is there evidence of cell loss?
Questions to answer:
- What would the neurons look like in the Nissl stained sections?
The neurons should be stained dark violet against a lighter background colour. The following image illustrates this :
- 10:30am-12:30pm Cresyl violet stain of MH007. The Slides are drying on the benchtop.
- 1:45pm Working online with Malisha.--Reuben Cutfield 19:53, 3 February 2011 (EST)