|Cranial Nerve Development||Experiment|
Species: Gallus gallus domesticus
Embryo Name: MH001
- The limb-ends are a "pointer contour" or triangular as opposed to curved.
- Beak or nose present therefore it cannot be a stage 27 when the beak is barely visible.
- Forelimb and hindlimb has not reached the level of development in a stage 29. Justified by comparing the photograph as well as the description of the stage 29 embryo."Limbs: Wing bent in elbow. Second digit distinctly longer than the others."
*Hamburger, V and Hamilton, HL (1951). "A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo". J. Morph. 88 (1): 49–92. doi:10.1002/jmor.1050880104.
- Eye does not protrude out. (Unsure about this comment).
Cryoprotection: Yes cryoprotected by leaving the embryo in 0.1M PB 30% Sucrose solution overnight.
Material label and storage: Labeled as MH001 and stored in a sucrose filled vial.
- Practiced cutting techniques which are described in detail here.
- (Note: Please add the information here. Also, what do you mean by 'colder' colder than what? Please be more specific--MF Kubke 04:21, 3 February 2011 (EST))
From this exercise I learnt that the a colder environmental setting facilitates less curling of OCT therefore making it easier to mount sections onto the slide. Cutting slowly also improves sectioning.