|Cranial Nerve Development||Experiment|
Species: Gallus gallus domesticus
Embryo Name: RC008
Embryo stage: ST24
Staging description: Staged by Reuben according to the Hamburger and Hamilton (1951) staging system. (Notebook entry 10th January 2011). Staging has not been confirmed.
- Eye is pigmented (>ST21).
- Leg bud and wing bud are roughly the same size.
- Limb buds are distinctively longer than they are wider.
- Dorsal contour of trunk is curved.
- 2nd Visceral arch distinctly protrudes across the ventral surface of embryo.
Material label and storage: Stored in vial filled with PFA labeled RC-008 and placed in a container labeled 'Reuben's staged embryos' next to the dissection microscope.
Objective: To use as a practice embryo for staging.
Procedure: Staged the embryo by observing the embryo under a dissection microscope and comparing its morphological properties with those described in the Hamburger and Hamilton (1951) paper whilst looking at our own compilation of images organized by stage.
Embryo is approximately ST24
This embryo may be used in further experiments as approximately a ST24 embryo however confirmation is needed.