|Cranial Nerve Development||Experiment|
Species: Gallus gallus domesticus
Embryo Name: RC013
Embryo stage: ST30
Staging description: Staged by Reuben according to the Hamburger and Hamilton (1951) staging system. (Notebook entry 10th January 2011). Staging has not been confirmed.
- Shape of beak matches ST30.
- There is a distinct dip in the hindbrain's curve which is present on ST29-ST30 embryos.
- The forebrain is split along the midline running laong the rostro-caudal axis.
- There are no dots in the eye only faint pigmentation around the perimeter (<ST31).
- Morphology of the toes matches 30 more closely than 29.
Material label and storage: Stored in vial filled with PFA labeled RC-013 and placed in a container labeled 'Reuben's staged embryos' next to the dissection microscope.
Objective:To use as a practice embryo for staging.
Procedure: Staged the embryo by observing the embryo under a dissection microscope and comparing its morphological properties with those described in the Hamburger and Hamilton (1951) paper whilst looking at our own compilation of images organized by stage.
Embryo is approximately ST30.
This embryo may be used in further experiments as approximately a ST30 embryo however confirmation is needed.