Matt Gethers/CRI, Thailand/Project Ideas
- The Fuangthong lab has done some work characterizing transcriptional regulators (I think) that are responsive to iron. It would be interesting to see if you could swap sensitivity/activator specificities (i.e. respond to hyperoxide rather than iron, but activate the same genes as Iron). This would be a considerably involved project, I think, but it would certainly be interesting scientificallly and it would generate some parts to add to the registry.
- Fuangthong M, Sallabhan R, Atichartpongkul S, Rangkadilok N, Sriprang R, Satayavivad J, and Mongkolsuk S. . pmid:17957353.
- Fuangthong M and Helmann JD. . pmid:14563870.
- Hong M, Fuangthong M, Helmann JD, and Brennan RG. . pmid:16209951.
- Newberry KJ, Fuangthong M, Panmanee W, Mongkolsuk S, and Brennan RG. . pmid:18042459.
- Soonsanga S, Fuangthong M, and Helmann JD. . pmid:17660290.
- Yin S, Fuangthong M, Laratta WP, and Shapleigh JP. . pmid:12839764.