News and Award
- April 2015, Kim lab is awarded with NIH R01 grant from NINR to pursue a project to develop non-invasive magnetic nanothermotherapy platform for the treatment of wound biofilm infection.
- March 2015, Bing Yu is awarded with New Investigator Recognition Award at the 2015 Orthopaedic Research Society meeting.
- March 2015- Steven Schaffer and Michael Sittek presented their research works performed in our lab in the Kent State Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- March 2015- Layala Almutai (Ph.D student, School of Biomedical Sciences) joined our lab, Welcome!!
- Feb. 2015, Our manuscript entitled "Biodegradable colloidal microgels with tunable thermosensitive volume phase transitions for controllable drug delivery" is accepted for publication in Journal of Colloid and Interface Science.
- October 2014- Baeckkyoung Sung gave two presentations (one oral and one poster) in the BMES 2014 meeting at San Antonio.
- May 2014- Bing Yu presented his research work entitled "Immunomodulatory role of Gpnmb in macrophage polarization in diabetes" in the Immunoloy 2014 meeting at Pittsburgh.
- Apr 2014- Jennifer Miller and Deborah Douglas presented their research works performed in our lab in the Kent State Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Jan 2014- Talib Alboslemy(Ph.D student, School of Biomedical Sciences) joined our lab, Welcome!!
- Sep 2013- He Liu (Ph.D student, Chemistry) joined our lab, Welcome!!
- Aug 2013- Jennifer Miller (Biological Sciences), Steven Shaffer (Biological Sciences), and Deborah Douglas (Biotechnology) joined our lab as a undergraduate researcher, Welcome all of you!!
- July 2013- A manuscript entitled "Catecholamine stress alters neutrophil trafficking and impairs wound healing via β2 adrenergic receptor mediated upregulation of IL-6" is now accepted for publication in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
- Apr 2013- Dr. Kim is selected as a recipient of Farris Family Innovation Award to engage research on developing nanothermotherapy platform to target bacterial biofilms in diabetic wounds
- May 2013- Dr. Bing Yu joined our lab as a Research Associate in collaborative project with Dr. Chris Malcuit and Dr. Fayez Safadi. Welcome!!
- Feb 2013- Dr. Baeckkyoung Sung joined our lab as a Postdoct Fellow, Welcome!!
- Nov 2012- Dr. Kim is selected as a recipient of Kent State Postdoc Seed Program Award for collaborative projects between Kent State and NEOMED