A unifying bioinformatic resource of analyzed cancer transcriptome data.
- Web based program
- Meta analysis between different experiments
- Easy to use interface across the spectrum of researchers
- Bridges the gap between clinicians
- can use when tumor samples are low due to wide variety of samples on the database
- High level analysis
- All analyzed data standardized
- Co-Expression Analysis
- Identifies genes that are similarly expressed across several tissue samples within various experiments
- Only includes cancer specific data
- Must go through external sites for raw data, therefore raw data is not in a standardized format.
- Need login access (free for academic not free for civilians)
- The link to the databases does not take you directly to the page for the specific gene. The user must search the database themselves.