Oscilloscope Lab Summary
- Brief summary of what you did (linking to the lab manual page is OK) Lab
- Add links to all wiki pages that contain your notebook entries. This is likely only one page. Lab
- Report your value for the fall time using AC coupling.
fall time = 57.48ms
Steven J. Koch
14:33, 28 August 2007 (EDT):I agree: taking multiple measurements and then using Excel or something to compute the mean and standard error of the mean would be a good way to include error bars. If this were a "real lab," I would not accept the answer without error bars, so you would have to find a way to take more data!
should have taken multiple measurements over time the used mean square for value
and std deviation for error
- Explain how you measured this (briefly)
This was measured by using the oscilloscope's measurement and selecting "fall time"
- What did you learn?
Steven J. Koch
14:36, 28 August 2007 (EDT):I am glad you learned a lot, and that will be great if you can play around with a scope at work. I completely agree that I should have left more time for creative work--I apologize for misjudging how long the exercise would take!
I will send you an email with your grade for this lab.
- It's OK if you didn't learn anything. But include things you are still confusing.
I learned a lot about how to read the scope and to make measurements using the tools on the scope.
I think it will help when I am doing labs and have to use it to measure data. I have used a
multi-meter extensively at work but not an oscilloscope. I am still not full sure how I might use
it for measuring values from the actual labs, but think that this will come as the
- What did you explore outside of the standard lab procedure? Anything interesting?
Didn't have time to do more would like to have more time to play.
I may pull one out at work and play around a bit when I get time.
- What could make the lab better next year?
shorten to leave more time for play.