- Plates with transformation of ligation product seem to be overgrown.
- Streaking them out on new Tet plates to get single colonies.
- Actually, the problem is most likely that the tetracycline plates didn't work.
- Poured new Tet and Chloramphenicol plates
- Tet: (1 in 1000): added 500µL to 500mL
- Chlor: (1 in 250): added 2.5 mL to 500mL
- Transferring colonies from old plates to new ones using Jason's makeshift protocol:
- Add 1 mL of LB to the plate
- Get the LB to cover all of the colonies
- Pipet, or if you're feeling brave, pour the LB into a tube
- Plate 50~100µL onto the new plate
- Placed excess of transfer LB in the -4 fridge.