Rich Lab:In the News
Back to SWES-MEL
This is the page for SWES-MEL members or projects in the news!
- Daily Wildcat interview with Dr. Virginia Rich and PhD student Gary Trubl featuring our lab's work on climate change
- Daily Wildcat interview with PhD student Gary Trubl on Astrobiology and UA's efforts
- Arizona Illustrated television interview with PI Virginia Rich on our project on thawing permafrost microbiology and carbon cycling
- ScienceDaily profiles the Hodgkins et al paper on organic matter changes in thawing permafrost
- UANews profiled our Nature Communications paper, led by collaborating Tyson Lab, that describes the discovery of a novel and highly active methanogen in thawing permafrost systems
- UQ (institution of partner lab of Gene Tyson) did a press release for the IsoGenie Team's Nature Communications paper
- The paper introducing Candidatus Methanoflorens stordalenmirensis is now out in Nature Communications!!
- UANews profiled the funding of our continued work on the thawing permafrost gradient in Sweden.
- Here is our collaborator Gene talking to his university in a snazy video about this work, which also shows our field site.
- And here's the press release about SWES-MEL postdoc and driving force Dr. Eun-Hae Kim receiving one the prestigious Ford Foundation post-doctoral fellowships. Go EK!
- Here's a compelling video that SWES-MEL grad student Lynn Massey, who also works in science journalism and communication, made this spring about another SWES-department lab, that of Kevin Fitzsimmons.