- Currently working as a Senior Scientist for Dial Corporation in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering (2009) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Masters of Science in Chemical Engineering (2006) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (2004) from the Texas A&M University.
- President of ChBE Graduate Student Advisory Council (2005-2007)
- Teaching Assistant
- Process Dynamics and Control (Fall 2005)
- Mass Transfer and Separation Processes (Spring 2006, Spring 2007)
- Department Tutor
- Material and Energy Balances (Fall 2007)
- Mass transfer (Spring 2008)
- Studied xylose and arabinose transporters in E. coli (PhD).
- Studied the transcriptional activator, CRP (MS)
- AIChE 2008
- ACS 2008
- AIChE 2007
- UIUC Symposium 2007
- AIChE 2006
- UIUC Symposium 2006
Desai, T. A., D. A. Rodionov, M. S. Gelfand, E. J. Alm, and C. V. Rao. 2009. Engineering transcription factors with novel DNA-binding specificity using comparative genomics. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009 May;37(8):2493-503. Epub 2009 Mar 5.