- Record results of 30:1 lysozyme:AuNP (with variables added after baking) that were heated at 37°C overnight.
- Take UV-Vis of samples with salt added after baking heated at 37°C overnight.
- Synthesize 30:1 lysozyme-AuNP solutions.
- Synthesize 60:1, 70:1, 80:1, 90:1, and 100:1 BSA-AuNPs baked with MgCl2 for 4 hours at 80°C.
Synthesizing Lysozyme-AuNP and BSA-AuNP
- The following figure details how the stock solutions were made as well as the BSA-AuNPs and lysozyme-AuNPs.
- One tube of each ratio was made for BSA-AuNPs.
- For lysozyme-AuNPs, 25 tubes were made.
- The samples were heated in the oven at 80°C for 4 hours.
- Please Note that the Control Wasn't Diluted With Variable Like the Other Samples. Also the Control Used is the Control at Room Temperature, not at 36 Degrees.
UV-Vis of Heated Samples and Variables (36°C)
- Based off of all UV-Vis data: The ABS for the controls were corrected for the dilution factor present and the percent AuNP's in solution was calculated.
- These results detail the same samples as seen below; however, these samples were at 37°C before observing.
- After observations were taken, the samples were placed in the fridge.
- These results detail the samples from last Thursday with the addition of the variables to 1 mL aliquots of 30:1 ratio with salts added after. The samples were at room temperature (37°C) when observations were taken.