User:Andy Maloney/Notebook/Lab Notebook of Andy Maloney/2009/08/05/Motility experiment
After aligning the mercury lamp on the microscope, I made a motility experiment. Several good things came out of this.
- We now know that the kinesin we have is good and I will be doing lots of experiments with it.
- We are ordering a new camera for Kiney's microscope.
- I found out that the casein I ordered is not going to work as a surface passivier and that Sigma sells the stuff Koch has used before.
- I need to mix the antifade stock before use.
- I can make these experiments.
I'm quite pleased that this worked and I can finally start taking data. Steve Koch 00:54, 6 August 2009 (EDT): Congratulations, this is awesome!