User:Andy Maloney/Notebook/Lab Notebook of Andy Maloney/2010/05/25/LED illumination for video-enhanced DIC imaging of single microtubules
These are my notes. Please read the paper before reading my notes.
- They thermally insulate the LED from the condensing arm.
- They only used a red, blue or green LED. They didn't attempt to combine the 3 to make white light.
- Wow. They took the LEDs up to 2A!
- Their flow cells are only 3mm in width.
- HA! They used "BRB80" as their buffer.
- They also wrote some custom LabVIEW 7.1 code using pattern matching algorithms. Man, we are not original.
- Yep, they sufficiently proved to me that LEDs are the way to go for a condenser.