Beetles workshop Day 2
- van Kampen expansion of LPA model, maximize noise in L while keeping A robust?
- Indiv. heterogeneity issue: dividing larval class into a smaller, highly-cannibal and remainder of more weakly cannibalistic.
- Pulse dynamics -- interspike interval, magnitude?
- 1995 Dennis et al. -- 5 replicate populations (2-cycle dataset), 5 age-cycles.
- eight-year chaotic time series
- Strawbridge daily samples (single replicate), occasional disease in lines though.
- Caswell 2009 Sensitivity of density dependent dynamics
- Kendall (yet unpublished)
- Vindenes 2008 Individual heterogeneity & demographic stochasticity.
- Ludwig 1996 Failure of diffusion approximation in small populations.
- Analytic description of large demographic noise systems
- Comparisons to beetle datasets
- Paper Outline. Skype meeting May 28th.