Repeat Experiment 1 from August 31. Synthesize Gold nanoparticles and take a UV spectra.
- Combine 1 mL of 15 μM BSA and 1 mL of 0.25mM HAuCl4 in two sample tubes.
- Fill one tube with 8 mL of 50 mM Acetate Buffer pH 3.6
- Fill the second test tube with 8 mL of water.
- Place in over at 80C.
- Take UV spectra every 30 min.
Spectrum for the Buffer mixture:
Spectrum of the Buffer Mixture at 550nm:
Graph of the absorbance at 550nm for the Buffer mixture:
Spectrum for the Water mixture:
Spectrum of the Water mixture at 550nm:
Graph of the absorbance at 550nm for the Water mixture:
- FInal concentration 0.25mM HAuCl4 and 1.5μM BSA in each tube.
- Spectra taken of water and buffer samples at t=0. Placed in oven at 11:40 at 79C.
- Spectra taken of blank water and buffer samples.
- removed samples at 12:10. Oven temp 74C. Took UV spectra. Replaced samples in oven at 12:20, oven temp 72C
- removed samples at 12:50. Oven temp 74C. Took UV spectra. Replace samples 1:05, oven temp 72C.
- removed samples at 1:35. Oven temp 65C. Took UV spectra. Replaced samples at 2:08, oven temp 68C.
- Observed purple strands floating at the top of the tubes. Proteins wrapping around nanoparticles.
- removed samples at 2:38. Oven temp 62°C.
- There appeared to be more of the dark purple strands in each of the mixtures. The water mixture still had more of these strands.
- Replaced samples at 2:56. Oven temp 66°C.
- removed samples at 3:36. Oven temp 62°C.
- The samples were wrapped in aluminum foil and stored at room temperature.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.