User:Cheuk Ka Tong/Sandbox4
ATP regenerating systems
- ADP + phosphoenolpyruvate ATP + pyruvate
Pyruvate kinase (PK) catalyses the final step in glycolysis, the conversion of phosphoenolpyruvate to pyruvate with concomitant phosphorylation of ADP to ATP. The enzyme requires both magnesium and potassium ions for its activity.
- ADP + creatine phosphate ATP + creatine
Creatine kinase (CK) catalyses the conversion of creatine phosphate to creatine with concomitant phosphorylation of ADP to ATP. This enzyme acts in tissues that consume ATP rapidly, especially in skeletal muscle.
- Per amino acid incorporated
Energy efficiency of the expression reaction
- Efficiency of encapsulation in bilayer vesicles
- Emulsification of vesicle content
- Transfer from lipid-oil to aqueous phase
- Probability of gene expression
- Size of vesicles vs. size of E. coli
- Density of vesicles
- Lifespan of vesicles