Analysis and synthesis of more protein-AuNP materials. This week we made Hemoglobin-AuNPs and Lysozyme-AuNPs.
- Before any measurement, take note of physical appearance of your samples (taking pics with cell phones helps here)
- Atomic Absorption
- centrifuge (4mL of your) samples (use the large centrifuge upstairs) 30min at 4000rpm.
- make standard solutions in the same manner as the last time we performed AA. But, this time make concentrations that go up to 50ug/mL
- Take measurements of your standards and samples
- Make a graph showing concentration of Au vs Au:protein ratio
- UV Vis
- centrifuge 1mL of your sample (use the small centrifuge in 207) 30min at max rpm
- Take measurements of your samples
Here is the UV-Vis spectra for Hemoglobin at different ratios with Gold
Here is the UV-Vis spectra for Lysozyme at different ratios with Gold
Here is the atomic absorption spectra for Hemoglobin and Lysozyme