The Daily Grind
- At 12:30 going to do dilution plates of the 48 hour competition test. Have the same for tommorow (48 hours) and 72 hours. Will do 10000x and 100000x dilutions on R2A agar.
- Extended BAC growth one more day. TODAY, going to pellet the cells (1M1+1N1, 1O1, 1O2, and 1P1), and resuspend in 1 mL of either LB or SOC (the TSB plus chloramphenicol and autoinducer will be kept and used as a treatment as well) and grown 48 hours. When plants are ready for cutting, they will be dipped in these treatments.
- Doing VP test on transformations from yesterday to test plasmid ability to confer acetoin production capacity.
- Jacqui quantifying results from plate assays on endophytes and entering them into spreadsheet
- PCRing 2D5 to sequence gene later