The Daily Grind
- To do
- The ACC deaminase and alsSD plasmid screens
- Run gel with digests of PDS in MI in pSBA12 and ligate the products
- water corn and decide whether to soak more corn
- go over the rest of the sequencing and trflp
- Placing 16 colonies of each transformation into 96 well plates for screening. alsSD in pDSK colonies will be grown in R2A media suplimented with glucose (then tested on Wednesday for red colour production after treatment with Barrit's) while ACC deaminase in pDSK will be screened by comparing 96 well plates of nitrogen free M9 to plates of M9 plus ACC. Colonies that grow after 2 days, obviously have ability to use ACC as a nitrogen source.