Remains of the Day
- Measured OD600s of the bacterial spot and speck grown overnight in R2A and adjusted it to around 0.12 for all of them. Diluted them to 10^-5, 10^-6, 10^-7,10^-8 and plated 25 ul of each on a quadrant of an R2A plate.
- After reading a paper about bacterial primer testing (Evaluation of general 16S ribosomal RNA gene PCR primers for classical and next-generation sequencing-based diversity studies) I found website called SILVA for testing bacterial primers - http://www.arb-silva.de/search/testprime/
- Found paper about Burkholderia specific primers: (Molecular Method To Assess the Diversity of Burkholderia Species in Environmental Samples)
- Found paper about Pseudomonas specific primers: (An rpoD-based PCR procedure for the identification of Pseudomonas species and for their detection in environmental samples.)
- George showed me a great TRFLP assignment website for the program called PAT: https://secure.limnology.wisc.edu/trflp/index.jsp