- To run atomic absorbance on Au/BSA samples
Please refer to Melissa's entry for further details on running Au/BSA mixtures through the AAS
- Because the fibers were mixed and floating in the solution, some of the Au/BSA mixtures were filtered using 450nm pored-filter paper.
- The solutions that were filtered turned from a pinkish color (indicating the presence of gold) to a colorless solution.
- All the mixtures were run through the AA.
- The AA used 7 standards as controls.
- The AA tubing was placed in the sample tube and allowed to burn the sample until a steady absorbance was obtained. Then, the tube was placed in de-ionized water until the next sample was ready to be run.
- As predicted, the filtered mixtures showed little to no gold particles present in the solution, which means that the gold was filtered out along with the fibers.