User:Dr. Frank Stary
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Dr. Frank Stary
- Maryville University-St. Louis
- 650 Maryville University Drive
- St. Louis, MO, USA etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in K-2117 at Maryville University-St. Louis. I learned about OpenWetWare from Dr. Jason Telford, my colleague at Maryville. I've joined because I would like to learn more about electronic laboratory notebooks.
- 1974 to date, Assistant Professor to Professor, Maryville Univeristy-St. Louis
- 1972, Research Associate, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- 1969, Postdoctoral Fellow/Instructor, University of California-Irvine
- 1969, PhD, University of Cincinnati
- 1963, B.Chem., University of Minnesota
- Pulsed NMR
- Reverse-Burn Char Technology
- Organometallic Chemistry
1. M. M. Kreevoy, B. E. Eichinger and F. E. Stary, J. Org. Chem. 29,1641(1964):“Effect of Structure on Mercaptan Dissociation Constants”.
2. R. E. Dessy, R. B. King and F. E. Stary, J.A.C.S. 88,453(1966): “Organometallic Electrochemistry. The Transition Series”.
3. F. E. Stary, D. E. Emge and R. W. Murray, J.A.C.S. 96,5671(1974): “Hydrotrioxides. Formation and Kinetics of Decomposition”.
4. F. E. Stary, S. L. Jindal and R. W. Murray, J. Org. Chem. 40,58(1975): “Oxidation of Alpha-Lipoic Acid”.
5. F. E. Stary, D. E. Emge and R. W. Murray, J.A.C.S. 98,1880(1976): “Ozonization of Organic Substrates”.
6. D. W. Larsen, J. Y. Corey, T. A. Smentkowski and F. E. Stary, J. Organomet. Chem. 135,161(1977): “A Pulsed NMR Study of Motion in Solid 5,5-Dimethyl-5,6,11,12-Tetrahydro-5-H-Dibenzo-[b,f] Silocin”.
7. D. W. Larsen, T. A. Smentkowski and F. E. Stary, J.A.C.S.100, 4982(1978): “Pulsed NMR Study of Molecular Motion in Solid Imipramine.HCl, Desipramine.HCl and Iminobibenzyl”.
8. D. W. Larsen and F. E. Stary, J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Comm., 1093(1978): “Pulsed 1H NMR Studies of Molecular Motion and Plastic Crystallinity in Dodecamethylcyclohexasilane”.
9. R. W. Murray and F. E. Stary, Methods in Enzymology, 62,137(1979): “Alpha-Lipoic Acid”.
10. D. W. Larsen and F. E. Stary, J. Phys. Chem., 83,1758(1979): “Molecular Motion in Enantiomers and Racemic Compounds: Mandelic Acid, Dimethyl Tartrate and Menthol”.
11. D. W. Larsen and F. E. Stary, J. Phys Chem., 84,1340(1980): “Molecular Motion in Brittle and Plastic Dodecamethylcyclohexasilane and Decamethylcyclopentasilane”.
12. D. W. Larsen, S. Rananavare and F. E. Stary, J. Phys. Chem., 88,4015(1984): “Molecular Motion and Phases in an Equimolar Phosphatidylcholine/Ethylene Glycol System”.
13. W. P. Cacheris, S.R. Wolfe, M.R. Hynes, R.R. Price, H. Lee, D.W. Larsen, F.E. Stary and M.D. Adams, New Developments in Contrast Agent Research, Proceedings of the Third Special Topic Seminar of the European Magnetic Resonance Forum, 141(1993): “Enhanced-Relaxivity Fluorine Imaging”.
14. D.W. Larsen, M.D. Washington, S.E. Manahan, B. Medcalf and F.E. Stary, Environ. Sci. Technol. 1999, 33, 2973-2979: "Thermodynamic Considerations in the Application of Reverse Mode Gasification to the Destruction of Hazardous Substances".
15. F. E. Stary and N. Woldow, J. Chem. Educ. 2001, 69, 644: “Build a Simple Polarimeter”.
F. E. Stary and R. W. Murray co-discovered the class of organic compounds called hydrotrioxides, ROOOH. See publication 3 above. F. E. Stary worked with pioneer D. W. Larsen on Molecular Motion Energetics. See publications 6-8 and 10-12. F. E. Stary is the designer and originator of the folkspolarimeter. See publication 15 above.